Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know about the Kahala Spa facilities, treatments and how to book.
What are the operating hours?
The Kahala Spa is open daily from 8am - 9pm.
How to book?
It is suggested that bookings are made at least 48 hours in advance to optimize availability. Priority for reservations is given to resort guests.
To book a treatment, please contact The Kahala Spa by telephone: (808) 739.8938 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How early should I arrive for my spa services?
Please check in at The Kahala Spa reception desk 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Unfortunately, late arrivals may not receive an extension of scheduled treatments, so as not to inconvenience other Spa guests.
Where is the Spa located?
The Spa reception area is located on the lobby level of the resort. Please plan to arrive to the Spa 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to complete a brief health questionnaire. Treatments will end as scheduled as a courtesy to the next guest.
Treatments are performed in private Spa Suites. We will provide you with a robe and slippers for your comfort. Located on the beach level of the resort is our CHI ﬁtness center which features locker rooms that include dry saunas, eucalyptus steam rooms and outdoor whirlpools.
Couple’s treatment rooms are available for most services. Please inform your Spa receptionists if you would like to enjoy your treatments in the same room with another guest.
What should I bring to the Spa?
You will be given a robe and slippers to change into before your treatment.
What do I do if I need to cancel my appointment?
Because your Spa appointments are reserved specifically for you, we ask that you notify The Kahala Spa a minimum of 24 hours in advance should you need to cancel or re-schedule, to avoid a 100% charge for the service. All no-show appointments will be charged at 100% of the cost of the service.
Do I need to tip the Spa Therapists?
Gratuity is not included in the price of the treatment. An 18% gratuity will be added to all spa services and packages. Gratuity amount can be modified at your discretion.
Should I tell anyone about any physical, medical, or allergy concerns?
Upon arrival at The Kahala Spa, you will complete a brief health history questionnaire to assist your therapist in providing you the best possible experience and to assure your maximum safety and comfort. We encourage you to disclose any pertinent health conditions that may affect your Spa experience.
What should I do with my jewelry and other valuables?
Please leave your jewelry and other valuables at home or in the safe located in your room.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Because your Spa appointments are reserved specifically for you, we ask that you notify The Kahala Spa a minimum of 24 hours in advance shouldyou need to cancel or reschedule, to avoid a 100% charge for the service. All no-show appointments will be charged at 100% of the cost of the service.
Does The Kahala Spa have any awards or accolades?
- Forbes Travel Guide, 4 Star Spa 2016
- Named one of the Top 20 Resort Spas—Hawaii 2012 by Condé Nast Traveler readers
- 'The peaceful ambience is enhanced by the exceptional service.' Condé Nast Traveler
- 'Revitalize your mana (life force) with Lokahi therapy in the Kahala Hotel & Resort's tropical couple suite - one of 25 most romantic getaways in the world' Travel & Leisure
- 'In the hotel's new spa suites overlooking tranquil gardens, don't miss the traditional lomi-lomi massages, which start with a relaxing foot rub.' USA Today
- '(The Kahala Spa) made me realize that healing contact with another human being is one of the most inspired expressions of aloha, Hawaii's all-purpose welcoming mantra. Clever Kahala.' Departures
- '(The Kahala Spa) concept focuses on the individual and offers the ultimate in privacy and rejuvenation within each of its spacious treatment areas.' Spas-Weekly.com
- '(The Kahala Spa) was cited as the reason the Kahala Hotel & Resort is one of '10 Great Hotels for Renewing Body and Soul' USA Today