The Kahala Hotel & Resort is a luxury resort located on the island of Oahu in Honolulu’s exclusive residential area of Kahala. The resort unveils itself at the end of Kahala Avenue set on a pristine white sand beach, just ten minutes from the world-class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki.
- The only beachfront resort in Kahala, Oahu’s most prestigious residential area
- Overlooks both Diamond Head and Koko Head craters
- 10 minutes by car or complimentary hotel shuttle to and from Waikiki, and 15 minutes by car or taxi from Hawaii Convention Center
- 15 minutes by car from Honolulu’s business district
- 20 minutes by car from Honolulu International Airport
The Kahala Hotel & Resort is easily accessible from the airport using the driving directions below.
From Honolulu International Airport
- While in Honolulu International Airport, follow signs of "Airport Exit"
- Take the H-1 Freeway East for 13 miles toward Waikiki/Honolulu
- Please Exit at 26B - Waialae Avenue
- Turn Right onto Hunakai Street at the Second Stoplight
- Continue 1.2 miles to Kahala Avenue
- Turn Left onto Kahala Avenue and this street ends at The Kahala Hotel & Resort
E Komo Mai - we hope to welcome you soon!
Location on Google Maps
For a fee, guests can be greeted at the baggage claim for a chauffeured transfer to the resort (not applicable for international arrivals). Please contact the concierge on (808) 739.8911 or [email protected].
Executive Sedan (Maximum 3 Passengers)
One Way $185
Round Trip $370
Cadillac SUV (Maximum 5 Passengers)
One Way $215
Round Trip $430
Limousine (Maximum 6 Passengers)
One Way $230
Round Trip $460
Sprinter Van (Maximum 12 Passengers)
One Way $260
Round Trip $520
Mercedes S550 (Maximum 3 Passengers)
One Way $245
Round Trip $490
Luxury Bus (Maximum 16 Passengers)
One Way $450
Round Trip $900
Airport taxis are available outside the baggage claim area, costing approximately $45 to the hotel (one way). For transportation to the airport from the resort, Kahala Kai, the exclusive resort taxi, can be reserved by contacting the Bell Desk at (808) 739.8888.
For hotel guests, valet or self-parking is $32 per day. For visitors, valet or self-parking is 4 hours complimentary with validation. Fees are $6 per every 20 minutes for invalidated tickets and $60 for lost tickets.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Whether you're staying with us or just passing through, The Kahala Hotel & Resort now offers Charge Pro Electric Vehicle Charging Stations so you can charge your electric vehicle (EV). You can charge your EV overnight, before the drive home, while attending a meeting or event at the resort, or whenever you need it.
One of the nation’s largest rental car companies, Hertz, is conveniently located right here at the resort. Guests can rent a car for the day or for their entire stay.
The shuttle provides transportation to Waikiki, Ala Moana Shopping Center and Kahala Mall. In Waikiki, the shuttle stops at the centrally-located DFS (Duty Free Shoppers) Galleria. View Complimentary Shuttle Schedule (pdf)
Complimentary Bicycle Rental
The Kahala neighborhood is a great area for bicycle enthusiasts. For the pleasure of our guests, our Concierge Desk has available 4 bicycles that guests can use for maximum 3 hour periods. There are two ladies' and two men's bikes available. They can be used up to sundown or 7.30 pm whichever is earlier with the appropriate helmets, which are for guest use as well. To use these bicycles, guests must register at the Concierge desk and sign the rule sheet and the waiver form. Our concierge staff will take guests out to the bicycles and make sure that everything is in working condition for an enjoyable and safe ride.
Runners & Joggers
Runners and joggers can choose from a variety of routes using our Kahala Jogging Map. The resort provides complimentary bottled water for runners and joggers.
Distance from The Kahala Hotel & Resort to Activities and Attractions on Oahu
- Diamond Head Crater - 1.5 miles
- Shangri La, Doris Duke Estate Tour - 1 mile
- Kahala Mall - 1.5 miles
- The Honolulu Zoo - 4 miles
- The Waikiki Aquarium - 3.5 miles
- Ala Moana Mall - 5.5 miles
- Hanauma Bay - 8 miles
- Arizona Memorial / Pearl Harbor - 15 miles
- Downtown Honolulu / Aloha Tower - 8 miles
- Sea Life Park - 12 miles
- Valley of the Temples - 19 miles
- Polynesian Cultural Center - 38 miles