Kahala Dog Treat Recipes
Perfect treat for a hot day & its healthy!
- ¼ cup peanut butter (unsalted/no sugar added)
- ½ cup plain yogurt (greek yogurt if available)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon ground flax or chia seed (optional)
- Splash of unsweetened almond milk
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into ice cube trays or small bowls Freeze until solid. Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving to soften.
Italian Beefy Bites
Excellent snack that contains protein, dairy & fresh herbs
- 2 cups cooked ground beef (about 2/3 lb. raw)
- 6oz tomato paste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ TBSP chopped flat parsley
- ½ cup nonfat dry milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked beef crumbles to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the tomato paste and toss until the beef is coated.
- Add the cheese, flour, dry milk, flat parsley and eggs and mix well. Note: use a combination of stirring and “mushing” to get all the dry ingredients to incorporate.
- Drop the mixture by tea spoonful’s onto your greased baking sheets. Note: These don’t really expand while baking, so drop them onto the sheet in a size that would work best for your dog.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms of the treats are a nice golden brown.
Makes 50-60 bite-sized dog treats
Store these in the refrigerator
Chicken Wild Rice Dog Mini Muffins
Chicken for protein, wild rice for fiber & they look like bisquits!
- 1 cup wild rice, mashed (may sub with another rice)
- 1 cup chicken, diced fine or shredded
- 3 Tablespoons rice flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- Using a spoon, press mixture into each cavity, packing tight and filling nearly to the top. Bake for 25 minutes or until top begins to turn golden brown.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days (or freeze).