Lomi Lomi, which means to 'rub' or 'massage in the Hawaiian language, is a massage technique that provides mental and physical relaxation. Based on the Hawaiian belief, Huna, which states wellness is dependent on the harmonious balance of both the mind and the body. The purpose of Lomi Lomi is to do away with both emotional and physical stress. This type of massage doesn't really have any unique strokes. No two Lomi Lomi massages will be the same.
Given that the session is done intuitively, there will be times that the techniques may be slow and incredibly soothing, while there will be times that it will be faster and energetic. The practitioner often massages more than one part of the body or both sides of the body concurrently.
The Lomi Lomi session brings a sensation of peace of mind and well being, with its effects remaining even after the massage has concluded.
Kala Ko‘iKo‘i Lomi Lomi
Our signature LomiLomi massage combines the use of a hand-carved Lomi Lomi Stick and warm Pohaku stones. This unique massage uses island elements to enhance overall relaxation and includes our signature Ho‘omaka Foot ritual and awa scalp soother. Enhance to 120 and enjoy the addition of a full body skin brushing followed by a seasonal body scrub or seasonal bath fizz infused infinity tub. 90 min - $285 and 120 min - $370.
5 Tips For Getting The Most Out Of Your Lomi Lomi Treatment
1. Make your Lomi Lomi treatment your number one priority. On the day of your Lomi Lomi booking, make sure that you organize yourself so that the most important thing in your day is your Lomi Lomi treatment. This means making sure that you clear your schedule so that you are free 1 hour either side of your Lomi Lomi treatment. This will give you enough time to slow down and relax before your treatment, it will ensure you arrive on time without stress, and at the end of your Lomi Lomi, it will give you time to more slowly integrate back into your world, without having to rush back in.
2. Make sure you are clean and comfortable before your Lomi Lomi. This will not only make sure that you are clean, smell nice and feel comfortable on the table, but will also begin the process of warming up your muscles and relaxing your system.
3. Make sure you are well hydrated before your Lomi Lomi. As Lomi Lomi can be a fairly intensive treatment in terms of detoxifying the body, you will need to make sure that you are well hydrated before your treatment. Now this doesn't mean that you need to flood your body with water, but rather it means keeping a water bottle with you all day, and taking regular mouthfuls to keep your water levels topped up. However, you shouldn't drink anything at least 30 minutes prior to your Lomi Lomi treatment. In regards to food, it's good idea to avoid eating heavy food, such as meats, pastas and dairy at least an hour befor your Lomi Lomi treatment, this will help your system relax and ensure that your body's energies are free for healing and not spent in digesting food.
4. Create an intention for your Lomi Lomi treatment. As Lomi Lomi works on treating the whole person, and we each create our own reality with our thoughts, creating an intention for how you would like the Lomi Lomi to help you is a powerful way to actually 'make it happen'.
5. During your Lomi Lomi, breathe into your tension. A skilled and intuitive Lomi Lomi practitioner will naturally be drawn to your areas of tension and although they will never 'force' their way into these areas, you may feel your body/muscles wanting to resist, which can result in some discomfort. The way to alleviate this is simply to breathe. When your Lomi Lomi practitioner finds an area that is particularly tense, you should take a deep breath, and visualize your breath going into that area. Then, as you exhale you will feel the tension dissolve as that area relaxes. The key is to work with your practitioner and let them 'into' your body as they peel back the layers of tension.
The philosophy of Lomi Lomi is...Where there is 'relaxation' there can be no illness! After your Lomi Lomi, it's really nice to have a cleansing warm shower to wash away any lingering 'energy'. It's also a good idea to go and sit somewhere peaceful , preferably in nature and allow yourself some time to 'come back to earth' and integrate the Lomi Lomi experience. This is especially so before getting behind the wheel and driving anywhere. It's also a 'must' to drink plenty of water afterwards as the effects of the Lomi Lomi in detoxifying/healing your body will continue to work well after the treatment.
Book your Lomi Lomi at The Kahala Spa today.
Lomi Lomi Massage
60 min - $200
90 min - $275
Prices do not include gratuity.
What are the operating hours?
The Kahala Spa is open daily from 8 am - 9 pm.
How to book?
It is suggested that bookings are made at least 48 hours in advance to optimize availability. Priority for reservations is given to resort guests.
To book a treatment, please contact The Kahala Spa by telephone: (808) 739.8938 or by email: email@example.com