Li Hing Mui Pineapple
1/2 Each Fresh Pineapples, small diced
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Cups Filtered Water
1 TBSP LI Hing Mui Powder
1. Combine the pineapples, sugar and water in a pot.
2. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook the
pineapples until they are half way transcluent.
3. Once there. Turn off the heat to the pot and let sit
for 1 hour.
4. Pour pineapples into a container and add in the
Li Hing Mui powder and mix.
5. Chill overnight to cure and use.
6. Line a ½ sheet tray with parchment paper and place
8, 3`inch metal rings on the pan.
7. Place the pineapple in the rings to make a layer.
Almond Paste 2/3 Cup
Dessicated Coconut 1/2 Cup
Powder Sugar, Sifted 1 1/4 Cup
Egg Whites, room temperature 1 1/2 Cup
Cake Flour, sifted 2/3 Cup
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
Brown Butter, Hot 1 1/4 Cup
1. In a mixing bowl combine the almond paste, coconut
and powder sugar together with a paddle attachment
2. Once combine add in the egg whites, cake flour,
baking powders and extracts to the mixture.
3. Once combine, slowly add in the brown butter to
the mixture until combine. Scrap the bottom of the
4. Scoop batter into each ring until it is almost to the
top of the metal ring.
5. Bake at 330`F for 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown
6. Let cool and remove the metal rings with a knife.
Hawaiian Salt Caramel
1/2 cup (125 ml) Distilled Water
1 cup (240 ml) Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup (80 ml) Liquid Glucose or Corn Syrup
2/3 cup (120 ml) Heavy Cream
1 tsp (5 ml) Hawaiian Salt
1/8 cup (30 ml) Unsalted Butter, Cold
1. Place water and sugar into a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add glucose to the pot and bring the sugar to a dark caramel color.
3. Once dark caramel color, turn off the heat and slowly add in the cream and salt.
4. Chill the caramel down to (89`F or 32`C) temperature
5. Add in the butter and with a immersion blender, combine the butter with the sugar.
Vanilla Whipped Cream
2 cups (480 ml) Heavy Cream
1/2 cup (120 ml) Powder Sugar
1 each Vanilla Bean, Split and seeds scraped
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk the heavy cream & vanilla bean at medium speed.
2. Slowly add in the powder sugar until the cream becomes thick but not overwhipped.
3. Keep chill until needed.
1. On the plate, pipe large to small dots of the caramel sauce over the plate.
2. Warm the cake and place the almond cake right in the center of the plate.
3. With a large spoon, scoop the whipped cream onto the cake.
4. For décor, place a piece of gold leaf, dried pineapple chip, white chocolate stick and lime zest on top of the cake and serve.