2 Cups - Unsalted Butter
1 Cup - Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
3 1/2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cup - Desiccated Coconut
1 1/2 Cup - Shredded Coconut
1/2 teaspoon - Kosher Salt
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and cream the mixture until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour through a sifter and combine it with the two coconuts and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in the mixer. Do not over mix.
- Form the dough into a log and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours to become firm.
- Cut dough into 2 1/2” inch by 1”inch rectangle at a thickness of 1/2”inch .
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 330F on paper lined sheet pan for approximately 12 minutes, until light golden brown.
Yield 2 dozen Cookies
The shortbread cookies are sold at Plumeria Beach House for $20 a box. On Oahu, order in advance by calling (808) 739.8760