Entries Tagged as '50 Ways to Love Kahala'
2 Cups - Unsalted Butter
1 Cup - Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
3 1/2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cup - Desiccated Coconut
1 1/2 Cup - Shredded Coconut
1/2 teaspoon - Kosher Salt
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and cream the mixture until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour through a sifter and combine it with the two coconuts and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in the mixer. Do not over mix.
- Form the dough into a log and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours to become firm.
- Cut dough into 2 1/2” inch by 1”inch rectangle at a thickness of 1/2”inch .
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 330F on paper lined sheet pan for approximately 12 minutes, until light golden brown.
Yield 2 dozen Cookies
The shortbread cookies are sold at Plumeria Beach House for $20 a box. On Oahu, order in advance by calling (808) 739.8760
Governor Neil Abercrombie and The Kahala Hotel & Resort GM, Carmine Iommazzo, celebrate The Kahala Hotel & Resort’s 50th anniversary on January 22, 2014. The Governor proclaimed January 22, 2014 to be The Kahala Hotel & Resort Golden Jubilee Day.
The Kahala Burger Recipe
The Story behind The Kahala Hawaiian Quilts
The beautiful Hawaiian quilts in the Kahala Spa treatment suites were created by Kahala employees Carol Arai, Jeanne Won, Wanda Lew, Laurie Niiyama, and Cindy Akai. There were five plants and flowers that were originally selected: Ginger and Pikake because of their fragrance and the fact that they are used in aromatherapy, Naupaka which is indigenous to the resort; Loulu because it is native to the islands, and OhiaLehua for its association with the romantic Legend of the Lovers. These quilts are placed in our spa suites.